- 1961-1970 – Age Group swimming starting at age 5
- 1970-1971 – Joined the Tacoma Swim Club under Dick Hannula. Participated in my first Sr. Nationals in Houston, Texas
- 1971-1973 – Our family moved to Hot Springs, Arkansas and did not swim.
- 1973-1974 – Returned to Coos Bay, Oregon. Swam for Marshfield High School. State Champion in the 50 Free, 2nd in the 100 Free. Qualified for Sr. Nationals, 6th place in Junior Nationals. Also, graduation from Marshfield.
- 1974-1978 – University of Oregon. Collegiate National Champion in the 50 Free in 1975. Qualified for Nationals every year. Ten time All-American Voted Oregon’s Athlete of the Year in the Spring of 1975. Graduated in 1978 with bachelor’s degree in Physical Education.
- 1978-1980 – Substitute taught and coached Cottage Grove School District. One year contract at Albany High School. Coached boys and girls swimming.
- 1980 - Moved to Tacoma, Wa. And started working for Weyerhaeuser Company in wood products.
- 1993 - Inducted into the University of Oregon Hall of Fame.
- Present – Working for Huttig Building Products as a product manager for all panel Sales. Responsible for five different locations, 25 million in sales.
Michelle has two boys Aaron 17 and Charlie 11.